Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Studio Visit










I am finally on a proper schedule. I woke up at 8:20 am and it was still a little dark. I did some chores before heading out to the Chatelet station. I was lost but with the help of a young student I found the RER A train to the Bry-sur-Marne stop. My text on my international phone service didn’t work but I called and Isabelle Vorle and she met me at the station. We walked through the town. It was on a river. She took me to her flat and we shared stories. She showed me some books of the work by French artists. I was particularly taken by the work of Claude Viallat. Isabelle showed me samples of her work. We share similar strategies. She uses delicate washes of watercolor on paper and layers of egg tempera on canvas. A simple line or lines often are part of her practice. She gave me a list of galleries she thought I might be interested in seeing. I stopped at a cafe after I exited the Chatelet station and had cheesecake and a double cafe. I observed the Parisians sitting around me and walking along the sidewalk. I am not used to the smoking in the cafes but that’s what the Parisians do!

No comments:

Post a Comment