Friday, January 14, 2022

Exploring

 








I took the # 72 bus to the Musee D’Art Moderne de Paris. I saw a special ceramic show and the diptych by Nick Mause caught my eye. There was a clever little conceptual piece in the form of a note by Yoko Ono. I also saw a ceramic by Picasso, a painting by Karel Appel, and an enormous painting by Robert Delaunay. The painting by Delaunay must have been 20x20’. It is one four that hangs in the Museum. The collection is extensive featuring European artists I never heard of. A constant requiem in the history of modern European painting is the devastation of war. I am always thinking about the lack of accountability of American leaders who allowed  and supported the January 6th insurrection. I don’t want to end up making paintings based on the damages inflicted by conflict. I returned to the Atelier and made more sketches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment