Sunday, January 9, 2022

First full day in Studio

 



I spent the day in the studio. It rained most of the day. I listened to the “Bob Dylan: Album by Album” podcast hosted by Ben Burrell about the making of Bob Dylan’s music. My thought for the day was to challenged myself to define space in a slightly different way. The view from my studio is primarily horizontal with the muddy Seine moving left to right. After a full day of experimenting, I pared down the space I was exploring to essentials and was happy with the piece in this post. There was also some text from the exhibit I saw at the Musee National Picasso that reinforced my commitment to work in series. The passage read  “Art produced in a series becomes the privileged vector of conveying thought that is constantly in motion, exploring the possibilities of a motif in constant metamorphosis.”

No comments:

Post a Comment