Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Sensations







I went to pick up some lumber for shelves I will build to present my work. It was a nice 15 minute walk which seemed like less time because I was absorbed in taking in the scenery. The streets were wet from the Paris drizzle. The city remains at a relaxed pace with shoppers and diners all about town. I was fortunate to get what I needed. I returned to the Atelier and installed the shelves which went smoothly. I treated myself to a visit to the Pompidou and browsed through the collection focusing on only pieces that caught my eye. I purchased a few other supplies and on my way back to the Atelier there was a small parade of citizens in support of Ukraine. There were flags and chants as the group moved by me. I am recording all my impressions. The art, architecture, people, sounds, movement and all the sensations that may stimulate imagery. I am grateful for this experience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment