Friday, February 4, 2022

Camaraderie

 


Clement Davenel



Pont Neuf

Accounting Students

I started my day meeting with Clement in his Atelier. He is from the south of France. He lives in a National Park in an ancient house he renovated. He believes in the power of the shaped support and a surface made from unique materials such as aluminum which has reflective properties. I went back to my Atelier and made a few sketches and collages. At 3 pm, Baptiste Rabichon, one of the curators, from the Cite visited my studio. He liked the flower series. He encouraged me to make more which was the push I needed. I went for a walk in the first real rain since I arrived in Paris a month ago. I went to the Pont Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris dating back to the 1600s to take a picture from the angle Monet and Renoir painted it. I examined the statue of Louis IV which was in their paintings. I stumbled across the Place Dauphine, a small courtyard surrounded by cafes and restaurants. I sat and had a cappuccino. By this time the rain had stopped and the sky was blue. There was a blockade at the end of the courtyard and I chose to walk around it along the Seine but ran into another blockade as I tried to get back on the street. As I was walking back to the Pont Neuf I  ran into a group of accounting students attending school in France who earlier in the daycfinished their exams and were celebrating. They were from Morocco and Tunisia and we had fun sharing stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment