Wednesday, November 9, 2022

San Antonia









The Battle of the Alamo was quite a significant historical event but there is so much more to the history that surrounds the battle. The independence of the Mexican who occupied the territory, the establishment of Texas a a country and the final annexing of the territory as part of the United States is a complex and intriguing story.I tried to understand it all and there is so much more to learn. I found it ironic that at one point when the Mexicans occupied the area after they encouraged  Americans to settle the territory they feared the Americans might overshadow their culture so they banned immigration from the US. I was also intrigued by the graffiti I saw. Unfortunately, I never found out much about the chiseling of names in the sandstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment